The time of year for reflection has rolled around again. I know this is traditionally done in December but I’m expecting to be away from my blog through December, so here we are.
I’ve been feeling pretty miserable recently due to being horribly burnt out, but you know what? This has actually been a pretty good year! I’ve achieved the following:
- Published five books with one more on pre-order!
- Stolen Ink got a blurb from NYT Bestselling author S.M. Reine – HUGE fangirl moment from me!
- I hit my financial goal for my books, I’ve earnt 10k and have another 30 days to go!!
- I wrote a super bouncy amazingly fun character – Kaitlyn my treasure-hunting alchemist. I’ve wanted to write a really fun bouncy character for years. I wanted to write a book that made readers feel like the Stardust movie makes me feel, and I did it!!
- Stolen Ink garnered more than 50 reviews! My unicorn didn’t arrive though…
- I got a little bestseller tag! Yes it was for a small sub-cat but squee!
- A couple of my books got down into the top 2k on Amazon!
- Two of my books achieved over 500 pre-orders each!
- I got an inside joke between me and my BFF into Celestial Tears! (Don’t judge 😛 )
- My newsletter has over 5k subscribers!
- I get fan mail now!! Readers email me with lovely things to say about my books!
- People respect me! I sound like I know what on Earth I’m talking about!
It can be so easy to wrapped up in the negative, in the bits that feel like failures. Sometimes, we really need to sit down and write out the positive stuff. I have to admit, that’s a pretty happy list!
Thank you, all of you, for helping me achieve those amazing things. I couldn’t have done it without your love and support. I hope you feel awesome about your own achievements and you take the time to celebrate them.
Here’s to an amazing 2018!